SQM Reader Pro
The only software like it anywhere!
SQM Reader Pro 2 for Windows gives you the tools you need to get the most from your Sky Quality Meter model LE, LU, LU-DL or LR. From initial setup of the meter, to nightly data collection, to enabling sophisticated statistical analysis, SQM Reader Pro 2 makes understanding the light pollution in your evening dark sky easy, accurate and convenient.
SQM Reader Pro 2 uses your computer's Ethernet connection to read dark sky data from the model LE, a USB port from models LU and LU-DL, and a 9-pin serial port from the model LR. You can read dark sky data from the model LE over a network or use an Ethernet crossover cable to read it directly. You can read dark sky data from models LU, LU-DL and LR directly via the appropriate cable. SQM Reader Pro 2 does not calibrate the Sky Quality Meter or alter its accuracy.
If you are an imager, a serious deep-sky observer, or you are conducting a dark sky study, SQM Reader Pro 2 is for you. Click to see who is using SQM Reader Pro.
- on-demand or continuous automatic dark sky reading modes (screenshot)
- Find SQM-LU(s), Find SQM-LE(s) and Test Meter Connection functions help with setup (screenshot)
- suspends automatic dark sky reading during twilight and/or sun up at the meter
- time-averages readings - for example, read dark sky data every minute, then store and graph the average of every 5 readings
- displays dark sky readings in magnitude per square arcsecond (MPSAS) and theoretical Naked Eye Limiting Magnitude (NELM)
- calculates and displays minimum, maximum, mean and standard deviation for MPSAS and NELM per sampling period
- graphs MPSAS and NELM in real-time (screenshot)
- stores dark sky readings data in comma separated value (CSV) text file (screenshot)
- stores dark sky readings data in Skyglow Standard format (see Skyglow Standard web page at International Dark-Sky Association)
- opens and processes stored readings files (CSV, Skyglow Standard and Unihedron Device Manager formats)
- stores latest graphed data as a JPEG file
- stores latest readings values as a JPEG file
- sends selected file(s) to a program, script, batch file or remote FTP server (screenshot)
- sends data to Knightware's SQM Readings Map page
- permits adjustment for light loss at a meter enclosure
available now by digital delivery or CD
|Reads SQM-LE, LU, LU-DL and LR on-demand or automatically|
|Displays reading in mag/sq arcsec (MPSAS) & naked-eye limiting magnitude (NELM)|
|Displays date & time of reading|
|Stores reading to CSV file (SQM Reader native format)|
|Stores readings in Skyglow Standard format (see Skyglow Standard web page at International Dark-Sky Association)|
|Opens and processes stored readings files (CSV, Skyglow and Unihedron Device Manager formats)|
|Suspends automatic reading during twilight and/or sun up|
|Displays moon phase and altitude at time of reading|
|Displays MPSAS and NELM graphs of readings in real-time|
|Shows min, max, mean and standard deviation of readings|
|Stores graphs as JPEG|
|Stores reading as JPEG|
|Sends data or JPEG files to a remote FTP server|
|Sends data or JPEG files to a program, script or batch file|
|Sends data to Knightware's SQM Readings Map page.|
|Includes online Help and examples|
Hardware and software requirements:
You need the following hardware and operating system software to run the product:
- PC with Intel Pentium CPU or later (or a fully compatible and equivalent CPU) . 1GHz or faster on Windows 7 or 8.
- 32 or 64 bit edition of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 including the latest Windows Updates from Microsoft
- Internet Explorer 6 or later
- 128 MB RAM for Windows XP, 512 MB RAM for Windows Vista, 1 GB Windows 7 or 8 (32-bit), 2 GB Windows 7 or 8 (64-bit)
- installation requires about 11.7 MB of hard disk space
- XGA (1024 x 768) or better with high color Windows XP or Vista , DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver Windows 7 or 8.
- CD drive (if installing from CD)
- a pointing device (mouse) is recommended but not required
- Internet connection is recommended but not required
- 9-pin serial port and cable are required to communicate with SQM-LR
- Ethernet port and cable, or wireless NIC, is required for communication with SQM-LE
- USB port and cable are required to communicate with the SQM-LU
Sky Quality Meters are available from Unihedron or any of its dealers worldwide.
|Share this page on:||Tweet||