Deep-Sky Planner Awards & Reviews
|Deep-Sky Planner 6 received Sky & Telescope magazine's Hot Product award for 2014.Click here () to see the article in the January 2014 issue of Sky & Telescope magazine.||Deep-Sky Planner 6 received Astronomy magazine's Star Product award for 2013. Please see the article in the September 2013 issue of Astronomy magazine.|
The Deep-Sky Observer issue 174 (Quarterly journal of the Webb Deep-Sky Society: Winter 2017), Deep-Sky Planner 7: A Review by Jonathan Gale.
"From my perspective, DSP is a comprehensive planning and logging system which is worth anyone’s time and money to employ in their observing life."
July 2016 online article by Rod Mollise, The New Deep Sky Planner
"...the new release of one of the best astronomy software programs there ever has been, Deep Sky Planner."
"This is one of the most professional looking (and operating) astronomy programs I’ve run across. Also worth noting is the high level of user support Phyllis provides. Sometimes that is just as important as the features of the program itself."
July 2015 issue Sky & Telescope magazine, "Making Plans: Deep-Sky Planner 6" by Rod Mollise.
"I won't hesitate to say Deep-Sky Planner 6 was one of the most professional, best-working astronomy programs I'd used in a while..."
"Using Deep-Sky Planner 6, I'm seeing more objects ... I'm seeing more detais than ever in those objects."
July/August 2013 issue Astronomy Technology Today magazine, Deep-Sky Planner v6 and the DewBuster Controller by Rod Mollise
"...one of the big draws of the new version is that [the author] has put a lot of work into correcting errors in the program's catalogs."
"... what impressed me most was that the program's performande seemed noticeably better."
"I liked Deep-Sky Planner 6 better, much better, than its predecessor."
March/April 2012 issue Astronomy Technology Today magazine, Get a Plan: Deep-Sky Planner Version 5.1 by Rod Mollise
"The bottom line? I love Deep-Sky Planner. Not only does it have tons of features, it has very good bones. It never crashed. It never did crazy things. It just worked." -- Rod Mollise
Spring 2012 issue Amateur Astronomy magazine, "You Gotta Get Organ-i-ized" by Rod Mollise.
"I've been more impressed by Deep-Sky Planner than I have by any astro-soft of any type I've tried in a long time." -- Rod Mollise
Deep-Sky Planner 5 was reviewed by Steve Richards in Sky At Night magazine (Feb 2011).
"Deep-Sky Planner has the least cluttered user interface of all the programs reviewed."
"... a well-rounded package that admirably carried out the task of planning and locating objects to observe." -- Steve Richards
Deep-Sky Planner 4 has received positive reviews from several online and printed publications. These include:
- March 2008, Cloudy Nights: Deep-Sky Planner 4 - Tools for the effective observer by Tom Trusock
- Spring 2007, Amateur Astronomy magazine. Deep Sky Planner Software Gets Better with Age by Robert Reeves. Reproduced with permission of the publisher.
- April 2007, Sky & Telescope magazine. "Smarter Observing with Deep-Sky Planner 4" by David Ratledge. This also appeared in May/June 2007, Australian Sky & Telescope magazine.
- 2 May 2016 - Announcing Deep-Sky Planner 7
- 12 November 2012 - Announcing Deep-Sky Planner 6
- 25 October 2011 - Announcing Deep-Sky Planner 5.1
- 20 January 2010 - Announcing Deep-Sky Planner 5
- 14 June 2007 - Announcing Deep-Sky Planner 4.3
- 16 May 2006 - Announcing Deep-Sky Planner 4.1
- 2 Aug 2005 - Announcing Deep-Sky Planner 4.0
|Share this page on:||Tweet||