Deep-Sky Planner 6
Activating your license is a two-step process. First, you must request an activation code from Knightware, then you must register the code on your computer. The Software Activator (the Activator) helps with both steps of the process. Please see the privacy statement.
Deep-Sky Planner's software license agreement grants users a license to use the software. Users do not own the software, and this is normal practice.
You may use all features of the product during the 30 day activation grace period, but you are encouraged to activate your license at your earliest convenience so that you may use your software without interruption. You can determine how many days remain on your activation grace period by looking in the Help | About box in Deep-Sky Planner. Deep-Sky Planner will remind you to activate during the final week of your activation grace period.
- Click Help | Activate License in Deep-Sky Planner, or open the Windows Start menu and find your Deep-Sky Planner product folder under All Programs. The folder is normally called 'Deep-Sky Planner 6' unless you changed this during installation. Click Software Activator.
- If Product Key is missing, enter your product key as it appears inside your original product CD case (if you ordered one), or your purchase confirmation e-mail (if you purchased Deep-Sky Planner by digital download delivery). Click the Request Activation Code by E-Mail button.
- A web mail form is opened in your browser. The form resides on the Knightware web site. It shows the product key that you entered above, and a Computer Code that identifies your computer hardware. This is not personally identifiable information.
- Enter the e-mail address to which the activation code should be returned. Please be sure that there are no typographical errors in the e-mail address, or your activation code will not reach you. Also, be sure to enter an e-mail address that can receive e-mail from knightware.biz, adjusting your spam filter if necessary.
- Click Send Request to send the request e-mail message to Knightware. Once Knightware receives your request, an activation code is created and returned to you by e-mail. If you do not receive an activation code response e-mail within 24 hours, it is very likely that you entered an incorrect e-mail address, or a spam filter at your e-mail server stopped the activation code response message.
Check your spam filter and/or send another request. Duplicate requests received by Knightware in less than 24 hours are generally ignored; duplicate requests received in more than 24 hours receive an activation code response from a different e-mail server in case the first one was intercepted by a spam filter.
Please be sure that your e-mail address is typed correctly, and that your security software and/or spam filters will permit delivery of your activation code message from knightware.biz. These are the leading reasons for not receiving your activation code promptly.
Step 2: Install Activation Code
Once you receive the e-mail response containing your activation code:
- Open the Software Activator as described above.
- Click the Activate Manually button.
- A dialog box is displayed where you can enter the activation code. It must be entered exactly as it appears in your activation response e-mail message. The easiest way to do this is to copy (Ctrl-C) the activation code text from the e-mail message and paste it (Ctrl-V) into the Activation Code text box on the dialog.
- Click Activate. You should see a message indicating that your software license has been activated successfully.
If you have difficulty activating your license, please contact Knightware Support.
|Share this page on:||Tweet||